BAERING is looking for an exceptional Art Director to join its creative team. In this role, you will blend strategy with high-impact creative to bring our clients’ brands to life.
The Art Director is a brand steward and ambassador, responsible for developing the overall visual expression of a brand. He or she combines an artistic eye with a knack for organization and process — managing creative projects from concept to production, including development of project timelines and leading team collaboration.
In addition to excellent design skills, the Art Director must have a calm demeanor and strong leadership, problem-solving and communication skills. The Art Director will be responsible for organizing, directing and motivating members of the creative team. He or she must be able to articulate, oversee and execute on a creative vision. Balancing competing priorities and multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines is critical in this role.
- Facilitates collaboration between brand-management and creative teams to develop advertising, publicity and media campaign strategies
- Works directly with clients to understand and translate business goals into strategic creative solutions
- Creates presentations and project plans, interfaces with clients
- Concepts and develops strategy-based graphic designs for logos and visual identity packages, digital and traditional ads, websites, event materials, presentations and other collateral
- Manages a team of graphic designers, writers, producers and editors
- Works with creative team to develop, execute and pitch concepts and creative solutions
- Provides creative and professional mentorship to creative team, including training where necessary to level up overall creative output
- Support creative team in time and resource management, including facilitating daily status meetings
- Improves work standards by: following production, productivity, quality and client-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying and implementing work-process improvements
- Commits to continual professional development through agency-provided educational and training resources
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, fine arts, graphic design or other related field
- 8+ years as a professional graphic designer, ideally in an agency setting
- 5 years+ experience in branding and visual identity design
- Deep understanding of print, broadcast and digital communications
- Video, animation or other multimedia experience, including process and workflow
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Some experience with web and interaction design, including clear understanding of UX concepts
- Expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite